Challenges at Makor HaTikvah
Providentially, at the same time we were collecting our Good Friday offering, Makor HaTikvah has encountered a very difficult legal challenge to its existence.
Dear Friends and Family of Makor HaTikvah:
I know you’ve all been prayerfully and patiently waiting for news concerning the judge’s decision on whether or not our school can remain open, and we finally have an update to report. Here is the latest news as written by our attorney who is handling this matter:
The judge has made a decision, which is reasonable, in my opinion, and which accurately reflects the picture which I have been presenting before you.
Since no application for a license was submitted for the 5773 (2012-2013) school year, which is an undisputed fact, the judge was not able to issue a temporary injunction. However, the judge also clearly stated that the main concern in this case is the welfare of all the students, and the judge did not spare any criticism in stating that the closure order was issued at a very a late period in the school year.
The judge, therefore, after balancing the interests of both parties, determined that a hearing in the case will be scheduled for the 8th of May 2013, at 12:00, for an essential hearing of the actual case at hand. The judge also noted that the state’s response to the request for a temporary injunction will be considered as a response to the petition itself, which means that the state will not need to submit an additional response.
I would like to recommend that as many parents as possible attend the hearing in order to maintain their right for the education of their children to continue. The welfare of their children, is at stake, regardless of the technical mistake which was made when the school failed to submit a licensing request for the 5773 (2012-2013) school year.
It is our intention to take a day off from school on May 8th and encourage as many parents as possible to attend the hearing. Therefore, we are requesting that you continue to pray and even possibly fast on the 8th of May. Together we will believe that the Lord will turn the heart of the judge to find a solution for the children who attend Makor HaTikvah to finish out the school year and also allow us to continue to proceed with the process of obtaining official State recognition and a license for the year 2013-14 and onward. Thank you for your continued prayers and encouragement. We value your friendship and support throughout this process.
Principal, Makor HaTikvah Messianic Day School
June 23, 2015
March 25, 2015
March 20, 2015