Guatemala Prayer Requests
Dan Cornelius and Karen Cassiday will be departing on February 8 for a ten day trip to Guatemala as part of a medical missions team–joining physicians, nurses, physician’s assistants, dentists and optometrists to provide medical and mental health care for the poor. (Karen is the first clinical psychologist and Dan the first massage therapist to join the team.) Dan recently provided this list of specific prayer requests for them as they depart:
- “Thank you” prayers to God for all of those who have already help us financially and also with prayer for this journey.
- To have a safe and healthy trip not only for us but the entire Mission team.
- To have protection for my hands during the journey, as we recently learned that I will be one of the most susceptible members of the team for infection and disease because of the amount of “hands on” time I will have there.
- That God brings to us all that we can handle as far as those who need his Love, Grace and healing.
- That the bonds that we make with our co-missionaries–short term, long term and permanent–will be the ones that Christ will give to us for a life-time, to share as witness to his love for all man.
- That Karen and I both serve our Lord well and do find the time to pause and reflect on what a remarkable Grace it is to make this trip in His name.
- To keep all things safe and protected in the life that we live here while we are way and doing what God has chosen for us to do there.
- That God would be actively living in us, that we would collaborate with the Holy Spirit to bear witness to others of His Amazing love.
- For our entire team to be not only be physical healers of the body, but also spiritual heals of the soul.
Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits– who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion.
Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness.
The time has come to our lives to walk His walk and talk His talk…………….
Peace be with you,
June 23, 2015
March 25, 2015
March 20, 2015