Mission Statement: Revealing
by Eirik Olsen
Last week I shared our working draft of our Mission statement:
Our Mission— In Draft Form
We are dedicated to:
- Revealing the Gospel of Christ
- Reclaiming God’s Promises
- Relating to God and each other
- Rejoicing in the Holy Spirit
… in order to receive and minister Christ’s love, hope and healing as members of Light of Christ on mission in Southeast Wisconsin.
Today, I want to share what we mean by revealing:
We faithfully live and proclaim the Gospel we have received from the Apostles in our preaching, teaching, liturgical offices and outreach ministries, in sincerity and truth, through the power of the Holy Spirit.
For what we proclaim is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, with ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake.For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. (2 Cor 4:5)
As with prior posts, we want your feedback.
- Does this resonate with you? Do you recognize LOC in this? Does this sound like us?
- Is it meaningful? Do you understand what our purpose is at a high-level?
Please share with me your answers to these questions as we continue to discern and refine our vision.
July 31, 2017
May 17, 2016
March 09, 2016