Reclaiming Our First Love
by Lisa Traylor
This fall our adult Sunday school class is focusing on reclaiming our “first love,” the living, loving relationship we are called to with Jesus.
Our class title comes from Revelation 2, where Jesus is speaking to the church in Ephesus:
I know your works, your toil and your patient endurance, and how you cannot bear evil men but have tested those who call themselves apostles but are not, and found them to be false; I know you are enduring patiently and bearing up for my name’s sake, and you have not grown weary. But I have this against you, that you have abandoned the love you had at first. Remember then from what you have fallen, repent and do the works you did at first.
We want to move beyond the good things we do for the Lord and return to the love of him which motivated our good works to begin with.
Our topics include (click hyperlink for notes):
- 9/7 – Reclaiming Our First Love
- 9/14 – Reclaiming the Living Word
- 9/21 – Reclaiming God’s Promises 1
- 9/28 – What are Covenant Promises?
- 10/5 – Hearing in the Safety of the Word of God 1
- 10/12 – Hearing in the Safety of the Word of God 2 – Notes 1 & 2 | Handout
- 10/19 – Reclaiming God’s Promises 2
- 10/25 – Conversation With The Beloved
- 11/2 – Praying Like a Child
- 11/9 – Reclaiming Our Christian Vocation
Other potential topics include Reclaiming Your Christian Vocation, Reclaiming the Relationship Part of Your Relationship with God, Reclaiming the Character of God. After our formal topics, we’ll do a few character studies and look at how those people responded in loving relationship to God, heard and responded to the Living Word, and claimed or reclaimed God’s promises.
July 31, 2017
May 17, 2016
March 09, 2016